Webinar Series will Educate Youth in the Foster Care System about their Rights
WHAT: HANDY (Helping Abused Neglected Disadvantaged Youth) and Justice for Kids®, a Division of Kelley Kronenberg, proudly present “Finding Family & Friends as an Out of Home Placement,” a virtual webinar to educate youth in the foster care system about their rights. Multiple episodes will be held throughout 2021 and 2022.
- Learn about how Florida law requires children to be placed with family and friends as caregivers instead of in foster care. This webinar will also educate participants on the support and benefits provided to these caregivers.
- CLE credits will be provided to attendees (upon approval).
- The Series is presented by HANDY and Justice for Kids, a Division of Kelley Kronenberg.
- Special Guest Speakers Include: Kirk Brown, HANDY CEO; Howard Talenfeld, Justice for Kids Business Unit Leader and Founder & President, Florida’s Children First; and Robin Rosenberg, Deputy Director of Florida’s Children First.
- Future sessions in the “Know Your Rights” series may cover Educational Rights and Human Trafficking.
WHEN: Wednesday, November 17
5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
DETAILS: Click HERE to register
For additional details or to learn more about sponsorship opportunities, please contact Jennifer Cohen, Chief Development Officer at jcohen@HANDYinc.org.
HANDY, which stands for Helping Abused Neglected Disadvantaged Youth, is an award-winning 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization. Founded in 1985, HANDY has met the needs of more than 45,000 Broward County children in foster and relative/nonrelative care associated with the child dependency system. HANDY’s mission is to achieve positive, lasting change for youth by providing life skills, education and a supportive community. HANDY strives to provide customized programs that meet the individual needs of a child that take them from early childhood to adulthood. For more information visit https://handyinc.org.