Practice Group Partner
Lisa M. Elliott is a Practice Group Partner in the firm’s Justice for Kids Division, Kelley Kronenberg’s national practice dedicated to providing legal services to abused, disabled, and catastrophically injured children harmed at home, in child welfare and foster care settings, group home settings and residential treatment centers, as well as all children harmed by the acts of others.
Lisa began her legal career working under the late Gainesville lawyer Gloria Fletcher. During her time at Gloria W. Fletcher, P.A., she represented children who had been injured or abused in the Florida child welfare system, and advocated for clients in personal injury claims and other civil matters.
Lisa gained early experience with the court system as a judicial intern under the Honorable Elizabeth A. Kovachevich at the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida in Tampa, where she drafted court opinions and observed criminal and civil court proceedings. The experience interning for the Court left a lasting mark on her, as it gave her insight into the prosecution and defense of criminal and civil matters, and what courts consider when deciding on critical issues that arise in the cases before them. Prior to joining Talenfeld Law, Lisa was in private practice handling personal injury, other civil cases and criminal defense matters.
Additionally, she acquired experience with children’s rights issues while working as a law clerk for Children’s Legal Services at the Department of Children and Families in Lake City, Florida. In this role, she assisted in research, drafted petitions and attended hearings. Her first-hand experience of the legal aspects of the child welfare system led her to continue the fight for children’s voices in our state to be heard and never forgotten. From 2012-2013, Lisa served as the chair of the Legal Needs of Children Committee under the Public Interest Law Section of the Florida Bar.
Active in the legal community, Lisa is a member of the Volusia County Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association, the Public Interest Law section of the Florida Bar, and the Volusia Flagler Association for Women Lawyers. She also enjoys serving her community through providing pro bono legal services, having participated in the volunteer attorney program at Three Rivers Legal Services, a non-profit corporation which provides free civil legal services to low-income, eligible clients in seventeen counties throughout North Florida. She is proud to serve her clients, her community and the law.
A “triple Gator,” Lisa earned dual degrees in finance and psychology, graduating with honors in both disciplines, from the University of Florida and received her juris doctor, cum laude, from the University of Florida’s Levin College of Law. She is admitted to practice law in Florida, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida, the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida, and the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
- Personal Injury/Civil Rights
- Foster Care/Disabled Persons Damages
- Children’s Rights
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- The University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., Cum Laude (May 2010)
- The University of Florida, Bachelor of Science, Cum Laude, Finance and Psychology (May 2007)
- Volusia County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association, North Central Florida Chapter – Criminal Law Section, Civil Rights Section (2015-Present)
- Florida Bar Public Interest Law Section (2010 – Present; Executive Council, 2011-2013, Legal Needs of Children Committee Chair, 2012-2013)
- James C. Adkins Inn of Court (2012 – 2015)
- Eighth Judicial Circuit Bar Association (2010-2015)
- Volusia Flagler Association for Women Lawyers, Board of Directors
- Volusia Young Professionals Group (2016-Present)
Florida Cities Served by Kelley Kronenberg Child Injury Attorneys:
Miami Foster Care Abuse Law Firm
Fort Lauderdale Foster Care Abuse Law Firm
Jacksonville Foster Care Abuse Law Firm
Orlando Foster Care Abuse Law Firm
Tampa Foster Care Abuse Law Firm
West Palm Foster Care Abuse Law Firm
Daytona Foster Care Abuse Law Firm
Tallahassee Foster Care Abuse Law Firm
Naples Foster Care Abuse Law Firm