Julianna B. Walo is an attorney in the Justice for Kids Division of Kelley Kronenberg. From the firm’s Chicago office, she assists in providing legal services to abused, disabled, and catastrophically injured children harmed at home, in child welfare and foster care settings, group home settings and residential treatment centers, as well as all children harmed by the acts of others.
Additionally, in her role as an attorney with Kelley Kronenberg’s Workers Compensation and General Business Litigation practice groups, she assists in civil litigation matters, including commercial, transportation, construction, breach of contract, premises, product liability, and workers’ compensation issues.
Prior to joining the firm, Julianna gained experience at a Chicago-based firm where she provided legal analysis of wrongful death, catastrophic injury, toxic tort, product liability, premises liability, and construction negligence cases. She provided pro bono services for a prisoner’s civil rights suit.
She also served as a judicial clerk for the Honorable Moira S. Johnson in the Law Division of the Circuit Court of Cook County, handling a wide variety of responsibilities including drafting judicial orders and opinions on behalf of the Court and conferring with judges for the resolution of cases.
While in law school, Juliana was lead articles editor of the Review of Intellectual Property Law; served as president of the Polish American Law Student Association; worked as an extern for the Honorable Brigid M. McGrath in the Commercial Calendar of the Circuit Court of Cook County; volunteered at the Animal Legal Defense Fund; and was a member of the Phi Delta Phi Legal Honors Society.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Julianna managed a child and adolescent mental health practice that provided psychiatric and therapeutic services. There she gained firsthand experience with the physical and emotional needs of vulnerable youth and the protections these children require. She also oversaw subcontracting medical services to in-residential facilities for minors that require specialized psychiatric care.
Additionally, Julianna possesses administrative experience in children’s’ medication management, standards of ‘over medicating,’ changing medications, and the long terms effects children can experience after prolonged exposure to psychotropic medications.
In 2021, Julianna was appointed to the Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA) Standing Committee on Delivery of Legal Services. This group seeks out low income populations and educates them about various opportunities for obtaining legal services.
- Personal Injury/ Civil Rights
- Foster Care/Disabled Persons Damages
- Children’s Rights
- Sexual Assault
- Illinois Supreme Court
- United States District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- The John Marshall Law School, J.D., 2017
- DePaul University, B.A. 2011
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association (Member of the ISBA Standing Committee on Delivery of Legal Services for 2021-2022)
- Chicago Bar Association
- Advocates Society
- Polish American Chamber of Commerce
Civic and Community Involvement
- Attorney Judge, Chicago Coalition for Law-Related Education
- Member, AMVOTE Judicial Exchange Committee, 2018
- Chicago Volunteer Legal Services (CVLS)
- Volunteer, Chicago Marathon for the Advocate Charitable Foundation
- Volunteer, St. Hyacinth Basilica’s Program for Victims of Domestic Violence
- Volunteer, St. Francis Xavier School
- Volunteer, Animal Legal Defense Fund
- Super Lawyers magazine, Illinois “Rising Stars”, 2020– 2021
Regional Markets Served by Kelley Kronenberg Child Abuse Attorneys:
Chicago Child Abuse Law Firm
New York Child Abuse Law Firm
New Orleans Child Abuse Law Firm
Atlanta Child Abuse Law Firm
South Fl Child Abuse Law Firm